MEDIA RELEASE: Awards to celebrate champions of NRM
14 September 2021
Time is running out to nominate for the 2021 Northern Territory Natural Resource Management Awards (NRM).
The awards recognise the Territory’s champions of natural resource management and the time and energy they put into to looking after our land, water and biodiversity.
Western Arrarnta Coordinator of the Tjuwanpa Women Rangers Sonya Braybon, won the 2020 NT Ranger of the Year Award.
"Winning the NT Ranger of the Year Award in 2020 has helped me feel recognised for all the hard work I have put in and how much I have pushed myself,” she said.
“I really enjoy being a ranger and I want to show younger generations that when you work hard you can earn something like this.”
Nominate an individual, group or organisation in one of nine categories
· Best Collaboration in Natural Resource Management Award
· Farmers & Fishers Sustainability Award
· Indigenous Natural Resource Management Award
· Environment & Conservation Award
· Next Generation Natural Resource Management Award
· Ranger of the Year Award
· Research in Natural Resource Management Award
· Resilient & Sustainable Enterprise Award
· Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations close on Friday 24 September 2021. Nominate here The winners of the 2021 NT NRM Awards will be announced at the much loved gala dinner, on Wednesday, 17 November at the Darwin Convention Centre.
This event is supported through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program and the generous support of our Conference partners.
Get in touch to find out how: [email protected]
08 89 428 300